SPANISH SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL
Monday, May 21, 2018
1. If you are interested in running Cross Country this year, there is a mandatory meeting at lunch this Thursday in room 228. (Beadell 5/21 – 5/25/18)
2. Tryouts for the Fall 2018 Cheer and Stunt Team are here! They will be held tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday at 3:30 in the small gym. You MUST be present all three days of the tryout process. Today is the deadline to turn in your sports physical and complete your profile on Register My Athlete. Please see Kim Sterett in the office with any questions regarding Register My Athlete. (Hendrix 5/21/18)
3. The last chance to pre-order yearbooks for $90 is May 25th. After May 25th yearbooks will be $100 cash only starting on 6/1 when yearbooks are distributed. (Marvin 5/18 – 5/25/18)
4. Seniors: Jostens will be here Tuesday, May 22nd, by the big gym, delivering cap and gowns during lunch. If you have not ordered your cap and gown, you can order online, call Jostens at 626-4944, or please stop and see Jostens. Thank you! (Julie Lee 5/14 – 5/22/18)
5. The National Honor Society will hold a meeting Tuesday at lunch in room 218. (Kelley 5/21/18)
6. Students, if you will be appealing your unexcused absences to meet the 90% attendance requirement for this semester, ALL Attendance Appeal Applications are due to the Main Office no later than Monday, June 11, 2018, at 12:15pm. 90% attendance is required to earn a credit in class, even if you are passing the class. Late applications may not be considered! For questions, see the Attendance secretaries in the Main Office. (Marin 5/14 – 6/11/18)
7. Seniors! Panasonic is looking to hire YOU! $15 an hour to start, full benefits and 90% COLLEGE TUITION REIMBURSEMENT AFTER ONE YEAR OF EMPLOYMENT! See Taveira in the Career Center. (Taveira 5/2 – 5/30/18)
8. FCCLA: Family, Career & Community Leaders of America will be meeting at lunch on Mondays in the Fashion Design Lab, Room 171. See you there! (Peters 5/17 – 5/21/18)
9. Students – If you are sick, you must come to the clinic before calling/texting your parents. We cannot disrupt the classrooms to come and find you. Students that leave campus without prior approval from parent/guardian or staff can be marked as cutting class. Students must have an off-campus pass to leave the campus. (Bergstrom/Marin 2/15–6/8/18)
10. ATHLETES: We are taking registration for 2018-19 FALL SPORTS.
Fall Sports – Cheer, Football, Cross Country, Girls Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Girls Volleyball.
· Contact your coach and register ASAP.
· Register by going to RegisterMyAthlete.com
· Turn into the Athletic Department:
o Physical if required this year (every 2 years) (or upload on RMA)
o Health History Form (or upload on RMA)
o Travel Waiver Form (or upload on RMA)
o $75 Yearly Sports clearance fee (Cash or Check to Megan – SSHS Bookkeeper or Debit/Credit on Web Store after July 15, 2018)
DEADLINE, FRIDAY, JULY 27, 2018 (Sterett 3/8 – 6/8/18)