SPANISH SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, October 16, 2015
1. Seniors! Are you interested in a career as a Plumber or Pipefitter or Heating, Ventilation or AC? Local 350 is accepting applications for apprenticeships. Stop by the College and Career Center to get more info! (Taveira 9/25-10/20)
2. Trick or Treat in the Halls is coming up on October 21st from 5-8! Please donate bags of candy to Government classes and to leadership in room 201. Seniors will receive community service hours for donating candy. (Faker 10/6-10/19)
3. FUEL Promotion Info – Coming this week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday to our cafeteria menu: Rollettos! What’s a Rolletto? Free samples will be available in our kitchen. Give it a try and fuel up with lunch! Let the good times roll! Next week through October 23 we’re serving up hot, new Rolletto sandwiches in Spanish Springs Kitchen. Come try the bold flavor of the All-America Rolletto, with ground beef, pickles, onion, cheese and ketchup next week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Or, try the Spicy BBQ Chicken Rolletto, with cheese, black beans & corn coming the week after. Only here a limited time, so act fast and Fuel up with Lunch! (Peters Oct 12-16)
4. Are you looking for a job??? There will be a Retail Job Fair on Wednesday, Oct. 21, 9:00-1:00 pm at Reno Town Mall. All major retailer are represented!!! See Mrs. Taveira in the Career Center. (Taveira 10/12-10/20)
5. Circus Circus is looking to hire new employees! Jobs range from Bus person to Midway Operator with pay ranging from $7.25-$10.35. Stop by the Career Center for more info. (Taveira 10/12-10/23)
6. Hey Guys…do you need service hours??? A Day Out With Thomas the Train is looking for volunteers. See Mrs. Taveira in the Career Center if you are interested. (Taveira 10/12-10/16)
7. Any students that are interested in trying out for the SSHS Rifle Team there will be an information meeting next Wednesday, Oct. 21st in room 131. (Mendenhall 10/12-10/21)
8. If you are interested in trying out for a winter sport, you need to be cleared by completing an Athletic Clearance Packet. If you cleared for a fall sport and you want to go out for a winter sport you need to complete the clearance “QUICK” form ASAP. Both forms can be found in the main office. In order to try out for a winter sport you need to be cleared by November 1st or sooner. (Sterett 10/13-11/1)
9. Drivers Ed classes will be offered here at SSHS during Fall Break, October 26-29 from 8 am to 3:30 pm. Classes cost $99 and are required before you can get your drivers license. Call 829-9010 to register. (Office 10/13-10/23)
10. Jostens will be here on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, October 21st, 22nd, and 23rd accepting class ring and graduation orders. They will be in the hall by the office during lunch through the end of the school day. Extra packets will be in the office. (Office 10/15-10/23)
11. The Cougar Fall Sports built a huge lead over Reed in the Mayors Cup Race during their competitions over the last 2 weeks.
The Varsity and JV Boys and Girls Soccer teams swept through Reed on Saturday 10/10, and by all winning they earned 10 Mayor Cup Points.
On Tuesday 10/13, all 3 Volleyball teams swept Reed and earned another 6 Mayor Cup Points.
Add in earlier wins by both Boys and Girls Tennis over Reed in the regular season and another win by the Boys team over Reed in the Region Team Tournament adding another 12 Mayor Cup Points to the total.
The Girls Golf team finished 2nd in the Region Tournament and Qualified for the State Tournament and also earned 3 more Mayor Cup Points as Jada McAlister (11) finished 3rd and Emma Gilmore (11) finished 5th overall.
The Current Mayors Cup Score is SSHS (32) and Reed (2).
There are still many opportunities to score more points as the Fall Sports Season concludes during the October Break with many games against Reed and the remaining Region Tournaments begin in November.
Please wear your Purple Pride and show your support for the Cougar Athletes at all of the games. (A Anderson 10/16)
12. There will be a Girls Lacrosse meeting Tuesday at lunch in room 201 to discuss Trick or Treat in the halls.
CONGRATULATIONS to Head Coach Mike Bosco and the Girls Golf Team for the 2nd place finish in the Region Tournament and qualifying for the State Tournament in Las Vegas next week. Please wish them good luck. (Anderson 10/15-10/16)