SPANISH SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, May 27, 2016
· From the Office of Student Relations: Dress code is being enforced!! Just a reminder to ALL students, Tank Tops are NOT allowed (no bare shoulders). Shirts MUST be long enough to cover your midriffs when arms are lifted up. Also skirts and Shorts MUST be thigh length or longer!!!!! (SRO 4/29-6/9)
· If anyone has lost a wallet on a school bus in the last month please give the Student Relations Office the bus number and a description of the wallet. (Officer B. 5/6-6/3)
1. Freshman, Sophomores & Juniors!!! Have your parent’s login to their Parent Portals and register you for next school year. If they have any questions they can call the front office. (Front Office 5/24-6/3)
2. Student Council elections have begun! Pay attention to who is running and make sure to cast your vote next Friday, May 27th, in the College and Career Center at lunch and after school!! (Faker 5/17-5/27)
3. SENIORS! Are you going to UNR in the Fall?? Interested in being an equipment manager for the football team? See Mrs. Taveira in the Career Center for more information. (Taveira 5/20-6/2)
4. Seniors!!! Deadline for Safe N Sober Grad Night is quickly approaching! Hold your spot for $25.00, payment arrangements on balance available. Celebrate with your class at Squaw Valley Resort, leaving SSHS at 8:00PM June 11th and returning the following morning at 5:00 AM. Graduates will enjoy sit down dinner, A Live Hypnotist show, Fire Pits with S’ mores, Caricature and Henna Tattoo Artist, Bounce Obstacles, Photo Booth and much, much more!!! Cost is $125.00. Please see Heather Ruiz in the counseling office for an application or if you have any questions. Scholarships are available first come first serve. (Ruiz/Counseling 5/16-6/3)
5. For anyone needing to take a Driver’s Ed course, there will be two sessions held this summer. The first one is June 14th- June 17th and the second session will be held July 11th- July 14th. Both sessions will run from 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM. For more information please come to the main office. (Office 5/16-6/3)
6. All prices in the “Cougar Den” have been slashed and everything MUST be sold!!! All food/beverage products will be $.50 or less!!! (Givani 5/26-6/9)
7. Congratulations to SSHS Coaches and Student Athletes for winning the 2015-2016 Sparks Mayors Cup for the 2nd year in a row!!! (A. Anderson 5/25-6/3)
8. Attention: All girls interested in playing Tennis this Fall, there will be a short meeting at lunch on Wednesday, June 1st, in room 170. (Coach Rapp 5/27-6/1)
TEACHERS: Please release the JV & Varsity Strength Teams at 1:00 PM today. Thank You!
Have a wonderful Memorial Day!!!