SPANISH SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL
Monday, May 22, 2017
From the Office of Student Relations:
Now that the weather is warm, we need to review the dress code:
NO bare shoulders - no spaghetti straps, no halter tops, no off the shoulder tops, no exposed shoulders, no bro-tanks.
NO short skirts or shorts. Skirts and shorts should be mid-thigh or longer. This includes athletic shorts.
1. Girls Basketball will have an open gym on Monday’s & Wednesday’s from 5 to 7 PM in the big gym. This is for anyone who is NOT participating in a spring sport. (Coach Cardenas 4/10-6/9)
2. Seniors!! Jostens will be here TODAY, May 22nd, for Cap & Gown deliveries. (Jostens 5/1-5/22)
3. Attention Athletes! Parents can begin sports registration for 2017-18 by going to Register My Athlete at RegisterMyAthlete.com. There no longer is an Athletic Clearance Packet. Clearance is now done through RMA. After they have completed the online sports registration with Register My Athlete, the athletic department at SSHS will need a completed Physical (if applicable), NIAA Health Questionnaire (1st/3rd year) or NIAA Pre-Participation History (2nd/4th year), the Travel Waiver of Liability form, which can be found in the main office or online. Also, the $75.00 yearly sports fee will need to be paid through the school bookkeeper (cash/check) or the Web Store after July 1st. (debit/credit). Please contact the athletic secretary, Kim Sterett if you have any questions. (Sterett 5/3-5/31)
4. On Wednesday, May 24th from 7:30AM to 2:00 PM we will have our last blood drive of the year! Come out and Save Lives and you will get FREE Port of Subs Sandwiches!! Sign-ups will be in the main hall. (Faker 5/18-5/23)
5. Hey SENIORS!!! Not sure what you want to do after graduation? How about coming to work at Panasonic & starting at $15.40 an hour?! How about eating free cereal & Jones soda on tap?! How about fantastic benefits & 90% tuition reimbursement?! We have hundreds of open positions & we would love to have every one of you apply! If this sounds good to you, come talk to me at lunch in front of the Career Center TODAY (May 22nd). I hope to see you all there!! (Taveira 5/17-5/22)
6. We are one week away from Fall Season Cheer/Stunt team tryouts!! Get yourselves registered on www.registermyathlete.com to get started in the clearing process for tryouts. Once you have an account, fill out the required docs for the athletic packet & pay your athletic fee of $75.00 before the FIRST day of tryouts. We are looking forward to another great season of athletes to be part of our Cheer/Stunt team family! (Coach Allen 5/16-5/24)
7. Are you a DACA Student?? TMCC will host an informational night tomorrow, May 23rd. See Taveira or Ruiz in the Career Center/Counseling office for more info. (Taveira/Ruiz 5/19-5/23)
8. There will be a mandatory Cross Country meeting Thursday, May 25th, in Room 228 at lunch for all those interested in coming out for our team this year. Summer practices will begin the following week, so come get all of the information! See Coach Beadell in Room 228 if you have any questions. (Beadell 5/19-5/25)